Frequently Asked Questions

How do I go about shipping a vehicle?

Prior to shipping please prepare the following documents a front and back copies of the title, Letter of Intent, and Export Power of Attorney. Upon receiving all documents, a dock receipt will be generated and sent to you.

What do I need when delivering my vehicle to the port?

Every port has different regulations, therefore, different documents may be required. Once you have received dock receipt. You maybe ask to provide additional documents, such as original title (s). Please review Port requirements, or contact GCS for further assistance.

Are you allowed two (2) names on the consignee/receiver?

Note that it is NOT acceptable to have two names on the bills of lading. It is also, NOT acceptable for c/o (care of), unless it is a Company Name followed by a person’s name.

What does the abbreviation RORO mean?

Roll On/Roll Off. Wheeled cargo such as automobiles, trucks, semi-trailer trucks, trailers or railroad cars, loaded onto vessel by driving/rolling then secured. Once the vessel reaches destination port and is cleared. The wheeled cargo is driven / rolled off.

What is allowed to be inside a vehicle when shipping it RORO?

Nothing with exception of factory supplied items such as the vehicle spare, jack, etc…. Any accessories will be removed!

What is allowed to be inside a vehicle when shipping it inside a container?

Almost anything is allowed, accompanied by a packing list, when shipping cargo inside a container. Note that FOOD is NOT ALLOWED in this manner.

Before shipping, should I remove my license plates?

It is recommended that you remove any license plates upon arrival to the port for drop off and take them with you to the destination.

Should I have a full tank of gas when I deliver to the port?

Due to U.S. Coast Guard Safety Regulations the gas tank should be at a ¼ tank or less.